Dennis P. Gogarty, CFP®, AIF®
President, Principal, Co-Founder
Mr. Gogarty is the president, principal, and a co-founder of Raffa Wealth Management. He also serves as the firm’s chief compliance officer, and serves on the firm’s internal portfolio management committee. Dennis launched his financial services career with Raffa Financial Services, Inc. in 2002, and co-founded Raffa Wealth Management in 2005.
A focus of Dennis’ career is promoting the need for increased investment education and transparency. He is the founder of the Study on Nonprofit Investing (SONI), an annual study promoting access to information that allows nonprofits to benchmark their investment performance and policies with their peers.
Dennis has presented on issues impacting nonprofit investing at the following organizations: the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), the Council on Foundations, the Greater Washington Society of CPAs, the AICPA, and the Finance and Administration Roundtable.
- CFP® Professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® Designee
- Founder, Study on Nonprofit Investing (SONI)
- Member, ASAE’s Finance and Business Operations Council
- Member, Greater Washington Society of CPAs
- Former Committee Member, St. John’s Community Services Foundation
- Former Committee Member, StreetLaw
- Certificate in Financial Planning, Georgetown University Center for Continuing and Professional Education
- Frostburg State University, B.S.