Leadership & Staff
RWM is owned by three principals, each of whom is an original founder: Tom Raffa, Dennis Gogarty, and Steven K. Heger. Tom Raffa and Steven K. Heger are also CEOs of the two firms affiliated with RWM:
- Raffa, PC (est. 1984), a B Corp certified, majority women-owned, national Top 100 professional services advisory firm which provides accounting, consulting, and technology services to nonprofits and socially responsible businesses across the country.
- Raffa Financial Services, Inc. (est. 1999), which provides employee benefit administration and brokerage services for nonprofit organizations and for-profit corporations in the Washington D.C. area.
Co-Founder and Principal (Raffa Wealth Management), Founder and CEO (Raffa, PC)Bio
President, Principal, Co-FounderBio
Co-Founder and Principal (Raffa Wealth Management), Founder and President (Raffa Financial Services, Inc.)Bio
External Investment Committee
RWM’s strategic investment decisions are informed by an External Investment Committee. This committee includes seven members, representing industry and academia.
- Bill Snider, CFA, Co-founder and Managing Partner at BroadOak Capital Management
- Elias Semaan, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Finance, James Madison University College of Business
- Alexandre M. Baptista, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Finance, Dean’s Research Scholar, at The George Washington University School of Business
- Robert J. Willen, CFA, Portfolio Manager at Wagner Bowman Management Corp.
- Andrew Kline, CPA, CFP®, Managing Member of ARK Financial Services
- Joe Del Guercio, MBA., Managing Director of CNF Investments, LLC
- Gergana Jostova, Ph.D., CFA, Associate Professor of Finance at The George Washington University School of Business
The strategic recommendations made by the Raffa Wealth Management External Investment Committee are not client specific but relate broadly to the firms overall investment strategy. This enables the committee to focus on generalized and impersonal investment decisions. It is each committee members responsibility to share their best judgment about a particular meeting topic which will inform the final decision made exclusively and entirely by Raffa Wealth Management. Committee members not affiliated with Raffa Wealth Management do not receive specific client information unless the client has authorized Raffa Wealth Management to share the client’s information with the committee. The Committee meets on an “as-needed” basis typically once per year or every other year. Individual committee members may be consultant more frequently based on their specific area of expertice. Committee members not affiliated with Raffa Wealth Management may or may not be affiliated with other investment advisory firms, but they are not investment advisory representatives of Raffa Wealth Management. Committee members are compensated by Raffa Wealth Management and therefore indirectly compensated by client fees paid to Raffa Wealth Management. However, Raffa Wealth Management’s use of an investment committee does not increase the overall fees charged to clients. A written summary of each investment committee meeting is available upon request. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Recognition for Raffa Wealth Management
Top 100 Fee-Only Wealth Management Firms, 2014–2015
Wealth Magnets: The Top 150 Firms by AUM, 2016–2017
Affiliation with Raffa, PC
RWM’s internal operations (administration, office management, accounting, human resources, technology, and marketing) are supported by our affiliate firm, Raffa, PC. Raffa, PC is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and employs more than 300 full-time employees.